Have you ever tired of seeing WhatsApp images, chats and videos on a small sized screen of your smartphone? Are you fed up of typing messages on your limited sized display of the smartphone? Well I have a solution for this. With the help of this you are able to access WhatsApp from your computer. You can have the full functionality of WhatsApp like chatting, typing and sending messages etc, on your computer with the help of WhatsApp Web.
What you Need?
The WhatsApp support page lists down a set of smartphones in which you can avail the service of WhatsApp Web. This list includes smartphones like:
- Smartphones running on Android Platform.
- iPhone 8.1 and above.
- Windows Phone 8.0 and 8.1.
- Nokia S60, Nokia S40 EVO.
- BlackBerry and BlackBerry 10.
You should have an active data connection or WiFi connection on your smartphone to avail the service of WhatsApp Web.
Steps to Set-up WhatsApp Web
- Use your web browser like Chrome, Edge, Safari, Firefox or Opera to go to Whatsapp Web.
- There you can see a QR Code, which you have to scan using WhatsApp Phone App. You can find the entire instructions regarding where the scanning option can be obtained within the WhatsApp application. For instance if you are using iPhone, in iOS app, just click on Settings. From there select WhatsApp Web.
- Once you have scanned the code, WhatsApp messages will begin to appear both on your smartphone as well as on your browser of the computer.
The advantage of WhatsApp Web is that you can enjoy the entire functionality of WhatsApp in a larger screen which is quite exciting. While experiencing WhatsApp in larger screen, you are allowed to use all the features of WhatsApp like Emoji, Image Sharing, Video Sharing, Voice Notes, Seeing Contact List, Receiving Notifications and so on, on your desktop or laptop too.
Every advantages comes with a certain number of disadvantages. WhatsApp Web can be vulnerable if a third party has access to your personal computer. He may be able to see your WhatsApp conversations, chats, images or videos shared, as long as you remain logged-in. So it is always advisable to protect your desktop or laptop with alphanumeric passwords. Also if you tend to use a public computer, remember to log-off once you have finished browsing. This can be done by tappingon Three Dot Menu Icon and clicking on Log Out.
If you still feel that someone has access to your account or you forget to log out from WhatsApp Web, then you can log-out from active session by accessing the same Settings Page, where you scanned the QR Code. Get into Settings >> WhatsApp Web and log-out from all active sessions.