How To Reset iPhone 6 To the Factory Default Settings
It is very common for smartphones to experience crises or moments of temporary failures such as bugs. These failures can often cause users of these smartphones to lose patience.
Do you imagine yourself writing an important email or making an urgent phone call and your iPhone crashes? You then quickly try to restart it, and it crashes too.
We have carefully compiled the best effective methods to restore iPhone 6 factory settings in this article.
Reasons for resetting iPhone 6
We can reset our iPhone 6 in the following scenarios:
- When your device malfunctions (also with hard-to-remove viruses),
- When you want to reset the configuration and settings of APPLE iPhone 6 to default settings,
- Anytime you need more memory space on your iPhone 6;
- When you plan to sell your Apple iPhone 6 and want to erase all your personal data,
- When you simply want to start using your device from scratch.
Be careful though, by resetting your iPhone, all its data and settings will be deleted. In other words, everything you may have stored in it, such as your photos, videos, music, notes, and other data from specific applications, will be lost.
Note: We highly recommend that you backup the data on your phone before proceeding with the steps in this tutorial.
How to Backup your data before deleting everything?
As we mentioned earlier, before resetting your iPhone or iPad, it is essential to back up your data.
- Go to Settings, to [your account], then tap iCloud.
- Turn on the iCloud Backup option. This allows you to automate backups of your data.
- Tap Backup Now.
This is the easiest method, and only an Internet connection is required.
From your computer
Connect your iPhone 6 to your computer (Mac, Pc), and open iTunes.
- Once in iTunes, click on your iOS icon.
- In the Backups section, click on Backup Now.
iPhone 6 Hardware Reset Steps (With PASSWORD)
If you have synchronized your iPhone 6 with iTunes, you can use Apple’s software to attempt to reset your iPhone to factory default settings. Make sure your iOS version and iTunes version are up to date, then:
- Go to your home screen first.
- Head to the device settings.
- Now click on General.
- Choose reset. There you will find an option to erase all content and settings. Click on this option.
- You will then see the warning to reset the device.
- If it asks for a password, enter the password.
- Accept all information or conditions and wait for the operation to complete.
- The process ends here.
These are the eight simple steps you need to follow to reset your iPhone 6.
Well, if you want to reset your phone when it is locked, and you forgot the password, keep reading. Because, in the sections below, we will share methods to reset the iPhone 6 Without a passcode.
How to reset iPhone without code with iCloud
This situation is quite common. Access to your phone’s menu may be locked if you enter the wrong password more than six times consecutively. In this case, one solution consists of using iCloud.
It is the option to use when you want to reset because you have lost it or are a victim of theft. Before using this technique, note that it only works if the Locate My iPhone feature is enabled. It can allow you to reset an iOS device directly from a web browser.
You can perform it from any computer or smartphone. Here are the steps:
- Go to the iCloud website.
- Click on All Devices.
- Select the iPhone you want to reset.
- Click on Erase iPhone.
- Wipe iPhone
All the information, photos, videos, notes on the iPhone is erased. Again, they can eventually be restored if you had previously made a backup. When you turn on your iPhone 6, it will behave like a new device, and you will only have to choose your settings, including your new access code. The main advantage of using iCloud is that the operation can be done remotely.
Reset your iPhone 6 under dfu (Device Firmware Update) mode.
To perform this operation, you need to connect your iPhone with a PC or laptop and download iTunes.
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the iPhone’s Power button for about 4 seconds.
- Now, while holding the Power button. Simultaneously press the home button for about 9 seconds.
- After releasing the power button.
- Release the Home button when you are alerted by iTunes that it has detected a device in recovery mode.
- iPhone 6 recovery mode
- Confirm this and wait for iTunes to restore your iPhone 6.
Reset iPhone 6 without passcode by using third-party software
Well, I think everyone knows that if you try to unlock your iPhone more than six times with the wrong passwords, you will be locked automatically. In this case, the best way to reset your iPhone 6 is to use these unlocking software:
Reset locked iPhone with LockWiper
LockWiper software is specially designed to remove a disturbing Apple ID or code from an iPhone or other Apple device.
It’s a good tool, which can help you when you’ve forgotten your password in particular or if you’ve just bought a used iPhone and the previous owner hasn’t removed his account. The software offers a fairly intuitive interface and is not difficult to use.
To summarize, LockWiper can, among other things:
- Remove the Apple ID from a device, even if you don’t have the password.
- Help you remove the lock code from the screen.
- Override the Screen Time code.
- Reset your iPhone 6 to the original settings.
The program is compatible with most recent Apple products, including those running the latest versions of iOS.
Here are the 5 steps to unlock your iPhone 6 with LockWiper:
- Open your PC and open the iMyFone Lockwiper software.
- Choose the unlock mode.
- If your iPhone 6 is locked to iCloud, choose Unlock Apple ID
- And if your iPhone is locked to the screen, choose Unlock Screen Passcode.
Let’s assume that you have chosen the screen unlock passcode.
- Connect your iPhone to your PC and press Next.
- Now click on Download.
- Once the Download starts, LockWiper will start downloading and checking your device’s firmware.
To unzip the downloaded file after completing this process, click Start to extract.
- Now press Start Unlock. You will see a box where you will have to enter some digits (000000).
- Click Unlock for further processing.
Once this process is complete, everything on your device will be deleted.
So, these are the five simple steps you need to follow in order to reset your iPhone 6 with LockWiper.
Reset iPhone without iTunes without code with Tenorshare 4uKey
Tenorshare 4uKey is an iPhone factory reset software that can help you erase all the contents and settings of your iPhone and make it as good as new with a few simple clicks.
It is available in both Windows and Mac versions and offers these features:
- Remove Apple ID or iCloud accounts without a password.
- Instantly override codes blocking access to the iPhone.
- Repair a disabled iPhone without needing iCloud or iTunes.
- Override Touch ID and Face ID protections.
- Repair some devices even when Locate my iPhone is enabled, And more.
Here’s how to reset iPhone with Tenorshare 4uKey:
Download the software and install it on your computer.
- Run the program on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone 6 with a USB cable.
- Click on Start.
- Open Browse to choose the location on your computer where the latest version of iOS will be downloaded.
- Click Download and wait.
- Once the download is complete, click “Start” again.
Note that this will restore your device to its default settings and erase your data. Although there are many tools available, the ones we share with you are fast and effective.
In this tutorial, w shared how to factory reset an iPhone 6 With or without password (passcode). So, if you encounter an issue (regarding the methods with share); use the comment section or the contact form to share your concern. And If you have any related questions, please feel free to comment.