YouTube Offline was a feature designed and launched long back in the year 2014. This feature of the YouTube works at the best at places where the internet connectivity is low. At places you may suffer from temporary dropouts on your internet connectivity. YouTube Offline can offer you uninterrupted streaming over your favourite videos over those areas. With the help of this Offline feature, folks can enjoy whatever they want on YouTube over their Android or iOS or whatever their smart device is. This feature also allows the folks to save their favourite videos and shows. But most of us are confused with its working. So I would like to clarify certain things regarding the Offline feature of YouTube.
Can’t Access Every Video
Everyone may be having a misconception that every video is available Offline. Sadly I must say that you are wrong. Offline availability is not guaranteed for every video on the YouTube. Also you can’t enjoy everything that is popular on the YouTube. There are certain videos that you can’t access and at the same time you can enjoy certain videos with Offline feature. You are allowed to download only those videos which have Add to Offline button, below them without any cross marks.
Videos can be played offline only upto a time frame of 48 hours from the time you have access to the video link. This video can be saved temporarily to the device and can be played, but only for 48 hours. After that if you want to play the same video then you may require a steady internet connection. Then you have to re-access the video with the help of YouTube app on your device.
Forthcoming Innovative Features
The new CEO of Google, Sundar Pichai had declared that they are fond of adding two exciting features to YouTube. He said that users will be allowed to customize the timeframe for downloading the video. Thereby the users can queue up the download. Another addition is that users are allowed to schedule background downloading of the video overnight. These features are expected to be launched soon.
How to Download Video Offline
- Open the YouTube app in your Android or iOS device.
- Now search for the video file that you intend to download.
- Now look for Add to Offline button just below the video. Otherwise you tap the Context Menu and then click on Add to Offline.
Note: If the video is not intended for Offline viewing then Add to Offline button will have a cross mark on it. Such videos are not possible to download.
- After selecting Add to Offline option, now the YouTube Application will ask you to select the resolution. You select either Low or Medium or HD. As you are aware of the fact that Low Resolution can be downloaded fastly as well as can save your data pack, but will be worse when you view it.
- After selecting the resolution the video will start to download to your device.
How to Watch YouTube Videos Offline
For your information videos saved in offline mode will be available only inside the YouTube application in your smart device.
- First of all access the home page of Youtube.
- Form the home page tap on the Account Tab, which you can locate on the right corner of the display.
- There you can find the option of Saved Videos. By selecting this option you can view all the videos that you have saved for offline viewing.
- If you don’t want any of the saved videos, you can delete the same by selecting the Context Menu and from there select the option of Remove from Saved Videos.