An Entire Account on Snapchat – How to Get Started, Find Friends, Block Person and Lot More
Snapchat is a messaging application. It has brought a revolution in smartphone using. This can be understood when you look onto its features. With the help of Snapchat, you are able to chat with your loved ones, share photos and also allowed to share videos. Snapchat thus allows you to enjoy all your sharing needs in one app. Thus Snapchat gives you a single interface to share your jokes, photos and videos with your friends, relatives and other colleagues. In this article I would like to guide on how to use Snapchat more effectively.
How to Get Started with Snapchat
- First of all download and install Snapchat app from the Google Play Store by using this link.
- When you have finished with installing, open the app and click on Sign Up, option which you can see on the Welcome Screen. Here you are required to give your e-mail address and password.
- You may have to choose a unique Username, with the help of which other users recognize you and contact you. You should be aware of the fact that you are not allowed to change the Username further.
- After Signing Up, click on the ghost icon, to get the settings and friends option.
Finding Friends on Snapchat
You can find friends by using various methods. One such method is to grant permission to the app to access your contacts. This will automatically identifies your friends provided they have registered themselves on Snapchat.
- You can search for friends either by clicking Add Friends option or by clicking on Add Nearby
- This will open up a list where you can see several usernames. Click on those names which you prefer to add to your friends list.
When you continue to use Snapchat, it will automatically recognize the best friend of yours. This is because the developers have designed its algorithm so. They will have white star in a gold box, which can be seen only by you.
Blocking People in Snapchat
It might happen that, you may regret the moment in which you added a friend. You may be so annoyed regarding the posts of such friend. Here in Snapchat you are given the option to block such friend.
- Get into your profile and click on Added Me. This will bring up the list of your friends.
- Against each friend’s name you will find the options of Block and Ignore. If you click on Block, it will prevent that friend from viewing what you post and also prevent him from sending anything to you.
Another option to block someone, with whom you have Snapchatted, but not on your friends list, is by sliding left on their name. Now click on the three-line hamburger menu. From options,click on Block.
How to Screenshot Snapchat
Snaps is the term used to represent Snapchat messages. These messages can be viewed upto 10 seconds and gets vanished once you look at it. So if you want to save something you may have to screenshot your Snap. But if you do so others will be notified that you have the screenshot of the snap. You can take the screenshot without the knowledge of others by following the below given steps.
- Turn your device to Airplane Mode.
- Now take the screenshot as normal by pressing Power button and Home button until it makes a shutter sound.
Since your friends are offline for the moment, your friends will not be notified about the screenshot.
Turning Snaps into Stories
Story is a compendium of Snaps. Making one such story is really a tedious task. But following the below steps it can be easily done.
- Take a Snap as usual.
- Now click on Add Icon, which is rectangle having a cross and is visible on the top right corner.
- Your Story will be seen under Stories>> Recent Updates. This can be seen by clicking on your name. You are also allowed to see your friend’s stories also in the similar way.
How to Delete Snapchat
Like any other app in your handset, you can also delete Snapchat by long-pressing the app icon. Now click on Remove button to delete the application. You should note one thing that, this will not delete our Snapchat account. If you want to delete the account, you may have to go through the following steps.
- Log-in to snapchat.com to get the Pin on the Snapchat Account.
- Once you completed with this, this will eventually delete everything on your account, wiping out everything.