Recently Google has launched Android N Developer Preview for the users. After successful integration of Android M – Marshmallow, Google is about to launch the fully equipped version of Android N. Android N hasn’t named it, but like the previous versions it is expected to be some name related to sweets. Here in this article I would like to explain the steps that you have to follow to install Android N Developer Preview in your smartphones.
Not every smart device is compatible to the Developer Preview of Android N. Android N Developer Preview is available to download in the form of factory images over a wide variety of smartphones like Nexus 6P, Nexus 6, Nexus 5X, Nexus 9, Nexus Player, Pixel C and General Mobile 4G. I would like to warn the normal users that this Android OS is not perfected and may have bugs. So only those developers who would like to perfect the OS are advised to download Android N Developer Preview.Otherwise you may lose your entire data stored in your smartphone.
Install Android N Developer Preview with the help of Factory Image
Make sure that you have installed recent Android Studio Preview on your desktop or laptop. After that you have to proceed to download Android N Developer preview. Android Studio Preview runs on the system and helps you to get connected with Android device with the help of Micro-USB cable. By following the below given you can successfully install Android N Developer successfully on your device.
- Download the original Android N Developer Preview from the Android Website.
- Now get into the Settings>> Developer Options. There you have to tick USB Debugging.
- After that obtain the Factory Images and save them to yourdesktop or laptop.
- Now connect your smart device with your system with the help of USB cable.
- Now start the device in Fastboot Mode using the ADB tool. When the device is switched on, you have to go to the command terminal and enter the following: adb reboot bootloader. This will allow you to get into particular device’s bootloader.
- Now go to the Unzipped System Image Directory.
- There you have to enter flash-all.bat, which will unzip image files. After that it will install the required bootloader, required baseband firmwares and operating system. This process will take much time and includes many reboots. With the end of this process, Android N Developer Preview will be installed in your smart device.
Install Android N Developer Preview Using OTA Update
The easiest method to install Android N Developer Preview is by Android Beta program. This will allow you to receive timely update and prevents you from using your device on fastboot mode. This will allow the users to get maintenance releases at regular intervals. The most important advantage of this kind of update is that, users are allowed to get back to the older version of Android whenever they want. The only thing that you should take care about is the data that you have stored in the device. Follow the below given steps to install Android N Developer Preview with the help of OTA Update.
- Access co/androidbeta either on your desktop or smart phone.
- Now Sign-in to your Google Account, by using any of the following compatible devices like Nexus 6, Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Nexus 9, Pixel C, Nexus Player and General Mobile 4G.
- After selecting the device from the list, now you have to click on Enroll Device, which you can find just below Your Eligible Devices.
- After that you to click on Agree to Terms and Conditions. After that you have to tap on Join Beta.
- This will offer a system update for your device. Users can confirm whether any update is pending by going into Settings>> About>> System Updates.