Notifications can be annoying when it distracts from your present work. For instance if you are working on something or doing your job at office, notification reminding you to check certain email, drains your attention from the current work. This may affect your concentration. They can be useful also. Windows 10 notifications are set to remind you about certain unavoidable appointments in a particular day. It can help you to remind about birthdays of your loved ones, wedding anniversary and so on. So if you are ready to customize Windows 10 notifications, it would be better idea. So I would like to give certain tips so that you customize your Windows 10 notifications in a way suiting your needs.
Viewing the Notifications
Normally when you receive a notification, a pop-up window will appear above Taskbar. Due to busy schedule you may have missed the alert. But by opening Action Centre, you are allowed to see all the notifications that you have received till date. This can be viewed at any time just by tapping on the Message Bubble Icon, placed on the Taskbar. This will show you all the notifications in an ordered manner in accordance to their appearance.
See Through Each One
You are allowed to check each notification when the Action Centre is open. If you feel that notifications shown are irrelevant you can dispose them by clicking Clear All link, which you can find on the top. If you feel certain notifications are important, you are allowed to view each one individually by clicking them.
Details about Notifications
You are allowed to get a brief about notifications without opening them. This can be done by placing the cursor above each notification. Within a second a small window will appear. This small window contains the small detail about the notification. So you are allowed to know the purpose of each notification without opening them. So you are allowed to dispose the unwanted notifications just by clicking the cross symbol, which appears on the notifications tab. If you want to get more information than above, then you may click on down facing arrow, which will display more information regarding the notification.
If you want to fine-tune the appearance of notification, you can alter this in Settings.
- Just type Notifications and Action Settings in search bar of Taskbar.
- Now click on the heading where the list is shown.
- Here you can see a number of options related to notification. This may include Showing Tips on Using Windows App, App Notifications, Hide Notifications while Presentation and so on.
If you do not want to turn-off all notifications, then you are allowed to turn-off them individually. All you have to do is to follow the below given steps.
- Get into Notifications and Action Settings.
- Scroll down. There you will be able to see individual Apps.
- These Apps will contain a Toggle Switch, which you can see very next to each App. This toggle switch will allow you to turn on or off notifications individually.
- You can click on each app individually and set certain specific features like notification noise and so on.
Quiet Hours Feature
Another comforting method to avoid annoying notifications is by using the Quiet Hours function. This is a single click mechanism by which you can mute every notification.This will allow you to get rid of notification alerts if you are at a meeting or when you are going to sleep.
- Right Click on the Notifications Icon, which appears on the right side of the Taskbar.
- There you can see Turn-On Quiet Hours, from the Menu. By clicking on this you can activate Quiet Hours feature.
If you want to disable this feature, please follow the above steps and click on Turn-Off Quiet Hours.
Windows 10 notifications may convey something important or sometimes certain irrelevant things. They may sometimes inform us to have certain essential software update. So completely muting notifications may affect your software updates also. So it advisable to customize the notifications so you can set certain notifications to appear periodically.