Lenovo Ideapad Helix
For a business traveller the weight of device matters a lot. In the new age of technology the business owners and executives are finding a way out to reduce the weight, of carrying a notebook or a tablet or a particular device where they would be sufficient with both the utilities and mobilities. The Lenovo has targeted this dream and brought out their latest range Lenovo ideapad Helix of 11.6 inches screen which will serve the dual purposes of the tablet and notebook.
NEWS ON LENOVO IDEAPAD HELIX
The 11.6 inches screen windows 8 enabled notebooks are best suited to serve the dual mode of tablet and notebook as per the recommendations of the users. When Ideapad Helix from the Lenovo was first announced at CES, from that very moment people started to recommend it as one of the must go getters among the smallish laptops that would be coming later at the year. The 11.6 inches laptop from the Lenovo is called as the strong and sturdy. This particular device from Lenovo was recommended and compared with many laptops that made around with similar specs. The laptop can not only be used as a notebook but it can be used as a tablet also. The design of the tablet get up of the Helix ideapad is called as “flip and roll”. This is because the facing of the tablet screen can be either done towards ourselves or to the party you are showing.
Though the Lenovo ideapad helix was supposedly expected to make around the market in the month of February this year, but it took some more time for the Lenovo to release their model. Finally, that it has been released, there are certain specifications of this particular device which seems as to be out dated. Many are of the view that this isn’t the proper design to plan out in a windows 8 laptop. Though the Lenovo have launched this device in the commercial market at a low end price of $1697.99.
The 11.6 inches has made it strong announcement in the laptop market that they would one of the strong contenders of their leads. The i5 processor, 4 GB RAM whether really matches up to the limit of the business class model to serve the utilities of the two faces of the world of gadgets is now the time to check.
• The Lenovo ideapad Helix is the first hybrid laptop of windows 8 enabled that has design of detachable layout in built in it. Though it means that the latest released laptop has a covetable look but in the most of the designing area the Lenovo Helix pertains the signature style of the get up and looks of the other ideapads.
• On the left hand side of the rear panel of the tablet cum notebook, one would be able to find the emblem of the ThinkPad with a red colour. The symbolic importance of this marking is that it indicates the status of the laptop.
• On the right hand side of the helix model one can find in the camera of 5 mega pixels and just underneath the logo of the ThinkPad one can see the NFC logo. The function of that logo is to clearly state that any NFC compatible devices can be paired with Helix.
DOCK – KEYBOARD
• It has been seen of late that any detachable notebook created by any brand has induced in some newly added features and looks in the keyboard department. The Lenovo powered ideapad Helix seems no different in this issue either.
• The ThinkPad helix when pushed can be seen a red colour tab. The tab indicates that the notebook should be removed from the left hand side and then used as tablet. The connector process in the Helix seems to be a bit on complex side rather the Samsung’s 700T.
• One of the biggest drawbacks of the keyboard designs of the Lenovo Helix is that it can be reduced to a comfortable limit. The distance has a very short distance, as a result people do face problem of visuals and typing in it at a comfort base.
• Another major issue of the keyboard doc of the Helix is its weight. The weight of the laptop is higher that it’s competitor Samsung and HP devices. Though, the built in battery is also there in Samsung 700T but it weighs quite less than the Helix.
VISUAL AND SOUND
• The 11.6 inches screen offers a spectacular gorilla glass with power impact visuals as an eye candy treat.
• The IPS quality display makes it quite a treat to view it even in the bright sunlight without any reflection. The quality of display that the Helix offers is quite a commendable one over most of the portable dual functioning laptops that are making it big in the commercial market.
• It comes in with two audio speakers. It is quite more than enough to fill in a small room. On a high end note it seems quite clear and crisp to fetch the audio, but the bass sounds seems to be a bit on the depriving edgy.
THE TOUCHPAD AND KEYBOARD FUNCTIONS
• The spacious keyboard which seems to one of the trademarks of the ideapad tire has been seen here too. The keyboard seems to be an extremely spacious one; the typing speed test dome on the Helix has a remarkable commendable result. It was found that it has 70 words attempted at 1 min and the error rate was also minimal at just 2%.
• As the top portion of the Helix seemed to be on the heavier side, thus typing was more comfortable on the desk that on the lap.
THE FINAL CALL
With the gorgeous and incorrigible looking display to attract the users, the higher than expected performance and one of the highest in its series of standing battery life this windows 8 hybrid laptop is sure to a big cash to go for. The only areas where the Lenovo Helix is one the lower side is it’s not so cool convertible features and the absence of micro SD card slot. If, these absence are taken into sideline then this is surely a high rated business class laptop to go for.